Monday, February 10, 2014

MFA New Project

              山本 タカト[Takato yamamoto]—Japanese Ukiyo-e Arstist (2007)

jade.crtionrouge-Franch Art Doll Artist&Graphic Designer (2011)

This semester will be a Continuation of my last semester's theme: leftlove woman, but in different way. I reviewed the research. I found that I always focus on helping them out of trouble , thinking about what is effective method, thinking of what confidence they want. Like make customer surveys on what are they going after. It’s a kind of full of hope with life. But I forgot the pain that they really bear. To feel their depressed mood is what I want to do this semester: No shadow, no light. I want to study these shadows to help me understand the power of light better .So I am going to make a group of sculptures to present the emotion of these females.
It was inspred by Ukiyo-e and Ball Jointed Dolls. Jade.crtionrouge is a French art doll designer who focuses on surrealistic combinations, violent and bloody scenes and the processing on the incomplete body.Takato yamamoto is a Japanese illustrater. There is a brilliance to his highly detailed illustrations that combine tight line work with moments of ukiyo-e, eroticism, bondage, ghostly images, and Bellmeran artist-esque surrealism. Dark, with emotionless, stoic faces, the characters beautiful colors seem helpless, almost soft and doll-like in their positions.
The key is they also both adderss the same demographic of women.

The theme of project is dark aesthetics and pain. I will use sculpture and makeup to explore it. I am going to make a series of sculptures. There will be three female bodies that looks like a doll and are incomplete .First one will be a pretty make up face in an broken trunk that you can see bones.Her eyes will be covered by one hand that means her true desires is hidden in the dark and no one can see it. She is unable to see the outside world. Second one will be a lady whose body tightly wrapped in bandages and unable to move.Her mouth will be covered by one hand; that means she can not make her heartfelt viewpoint because she is being trammeled by others. Third one will be a lady with an broken face. Her ears are covered by hands; that means She is unable to hear the outside world. These sculptures will be all made of paper and mountain clay. This material is enough light to hang on the wall. I will also use some different materials like wood, fabric, and polymer clay to make it more look less simple and more visually complicated. I will also make them up after making molds and the plain colour sculptures.

The topic of the research is Ukiyo-e and Ball Jointed Dolls.I will find more information about that.The dark female part of  Ukiyo-e. I will spend some of my studio time to paint body parts. Creating mold and plain colour sculptures will take most of time. Then use chalk pastels and paints to makeup them




No comments:

Post a Comment